Our experts in Immigration are here to explain everything there is to know on the latest news about Immigration in France and Europe.
Do you want to be kept updated in real-time on all international travel news? Follow us to benefit from our free expert oversight!
The Ministry of Home Affairs has opened a nationwide platform for online residence permit applications called ANEF-séjour (Administration Numérique pour les Étrangers en France – Digital administration for foreign nationals in France).
The purpose of the ANEF Platform is to merge all existing platforms and to centralise all future residence permit applications at a national level.
Based on the “Tell us once” principle, the user will no longer be required to provide the same information several times during his/her entire residence application journey. All the data will be centralised and updates only will be required.
Implemented last November for foreign students, this platform will make possible the digitisation of all “Passeport Talent” residence permit applications as of the mid-April 2021 at a national level.
This will concern initial applications as well as renewals. Regarding changes in status as well as “Posted ICT Workers”, Prefectures are still awaiting confirmation.
• Account opened on the platform
• Connection made with the Consulate’s case file (Visa). Consequently, if finger prints were taken by the Consulate for the Visa application, the user will no longer be required to provide another set of prints when applying for the 1st time for a residence permit in his/her Prefecture.
• Documents pertaining to the application uploaded (no longer necessary to drop them off physically)
• If additional documents are requested, the applicant will receive a notification via the platform (he/she will have 15 days to upload the additional documents. If this is not done within the requested deadline, the application will be closed).
• Once the application is complete, it will be sent off for review
• An extension of rights certificate is sent to the applicant by email (along with a code to download it) which will enable him/her to travel → Receipts and temporary residence permits terminated
• Once the application has been reviewed, and if it has been granted, a favourable decision certificate is sent to the applicant, informing him/her that his/her permit is being produced
• Notification by the platform of the availability of the residence permit
• The residence permit is retrieved in person at the Prefecture by appointment only
• If fingers prints are required, they will be taken when the residence permit is retrieved
In the event of a process failure (for technical reasons for example), applicants will be welcomed in person.
By the end of 2022, all residence permit applications (all statuses combined) as well as naturalisation applications will be digitalised via the ANEF Platform.
Our experts are available to help, so don’t hesitate to get in contact with them!